Nurturing and Inspiring Leadership for Peace and Justice
211 South 4th Street * Brooklyn, NY 11211 * Tel: (718) 387-0404 * Fax: (718) 387-6816
JOB POSTING: EL PUENTE LEADERSHIP CENTER AT WILLIAMS PLAZA
SEEKING: MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR (FOCUS: MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH)
The El Puente Leadership Center @ Williams Plaza is an enrichment program for elementary/middle school/high school youth, as well as adults. The Center is a part of El Puente, a nonprofit organization that conducts advocacy, organizing and health & wellness activities for the community. El Puente programs focus on the integration of a community consciousness and artistic development that allows members to experience their creative potential while learning about social responsibility.
As a staff member of El Puente, the Membership Coordinator is expected to uphold and work within the mission, philosophy and principles of the organization. She/he must work with the Administrative Team and other staff members to: design & manage a holistic arts & academic enrichment program; ensure the integrity of El Puente’s Membership Process; and achieve expected contractual outcomes.
Administration and Operations
- Work with the Administrative Team to oversee administrative systems that meet the needs of the program (including but not limited to staff/participant filing systems, data entry, attendance records, contact lists).
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety, organizational and funder policies/protocols.
- Act as Administrator-On-Duty (AOD) responsibilities including the overseeing of program day-to-day operations, communications and safety practices, building operations, and closeout of building at the end of programming.
- Management of Membership Facilitators’ scheduling.
- Attend appropriate staff and team meetings, workshops, and events.
Program Development and Leadership
- Oversee and facilitate programming for high school & middle school aged youth.
- Must be able to develop programming for specified target ages that encompasses artistic support, academic support, and health and well-being.
- Work with other Membership Coordinators throughout El Puente to develop unified programming.
- Work with the Director to manage year-round community center programming: afterschool programming, summer programming, co-locaters, and teen/adult programming that reflects El Puente’s Mission and 12 Principles, fulfills contractual objectives, and is structured, age appropriate, and project-based.
- Supervise Membership Facilitators, Group Leaders and Group Workers by conducting classroom observations and 1-on-1 meetings to support their creation of lesson plans and curricula that is consistent with El Puente’s program goals/objectives, as well as El Puente’s Creative Justice Approach/arts for social change model.
- Convene Staff to meet for strategic planning and consensus on arts programming goals & objectives aligned with relevant contract mandates; develop the calendar of program performances, presentations and special events; and create the itinerary for staff development/training and overall program evaluation.
- Work with the Program Director & Staff to facilitate clear coordination of all presentations.
- Manage the holistic membership files of all program members, tracking their participation in academic, wellness, leadership, and community building activities.
Recruitment and External Relations
- Work alongside the Administrative Team to develop recruitment and retention strategies for all of Program.
- Must have an understanding of navigating the field of arts (Visual & Performing)
- Knowledge and practice of youth development.
- Strong facilitation skills in working with youth and adults.
- Must be a team player, but also have the ability to work in a focused, independent manner.
- Reliable and committed to educational support of a performing arts Membership and to El Puente’s greater vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent w/experience leading high school aged programming required.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Motivated and education-oriented.
SALARY & WORK HOURS:
SALARY: $30,000 yearly w/ benefits
WORK HOURS: 40hrs a week 3pm-11pm with the ability to be flexible in the morning.
Send resume, cover letter and contact information for 2 work references (Name, company, title, email, & phone) to:
Attn: Williams Plaza – Membership Coordinator
Fax: (718) 387-6816
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.